Friday, August 28, 2009

SWIM YOUR WAY TO A GREAT BODY

Swimming can be one of my favorite things to do in the hot summer weather. I prefer pools to beaches but many disagree. I’ve been to many over my 20 years on earth, and ill just say I’ve got my favorites and my least favorites. Growing up in both N.S.W and Victoria I have been too world famous beaches, including Coogee, Bondi, Bells and St Kilda, as well as an endless amount of public and in home pools, and all have provided entertainment for me at one moment or other in my life. Swimming is great and not only does it offer entertainment value but it’s a great fitness source much like running, rowing, and even Gym, which brings me to the main point of this entry.

Ever watched an Olympic swimmer about to dive of their bored and race to the finish line? Ever wondered how they get those slim, trim, broad, amazing bodies? The answer is simply just “swimming”, and yes I know they probably do a tonne of other exercises, but the foundation of those amazing bodies is just swimming. Yep that’s right and you could achieve the same results if you swim on a regular basis. Although maybe not the same level of cardiovascular fitness or the exact same muscle tone as an Olympic swimmer, but you too can have an amazing body much like the ones you see on T.V. Running is a very effective way to burn calories and achieve great muscle tone but there has always been the side effect of strain on the joints especially when running on hard surfaces. Swimming burns calories and gives you great muscle tone without the terrible strain on your joints. Swimming Increases stamina, Improves flexibility, Increases muscular strength, and can heal muscles in a fast and effective way. Swimming also strengthens your heart which prevents heart disease and leads to an overall better quality life.

So if you find yourself trying to gain or maintain a fantastic looking, strong body. Try incorporating some swimming exercises into your workouts because they will have benefits that will take your body to another level.

4 comments:

  1. Interesting post. In Canberra, they have a swimming pool named after Harold Holt.
    I have always been a bit paranoid about chlorine. Do you know if excess chlorine makes your hair fall out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure Erica ill have to find out if it does.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love swimming maybe thats why im in such great shape lol.

    ReplyDelete